11/10/2012

ALTERNATIVE REALITY: RANDOM THOUGHTS

Hello!!

Today I would like to introduce you to a new section of my blog, which I decided to call "Alternative Reality: Random Thoughts".
Basically I will put under this title everything that I write which is related to what I think of the "alternative reality", in a word the fictitious world I created for myself :)
This world is that place where I think I am every time I watch a TV show I like and I totally feel what the characters are feeling, or when I'm watching a movie, reading a book and I forget about my real life and my real self.
I can be whoever I want to be, wherever I want to be and with whom I want..nice right?

Of course this whole idea of an alternative reality also has negative aspects (well maybe just one): when you stop watching TV, finish a movie or a book, you realize that your life SUCKS :(

For example, how about the great love stories they have on TV? It can be stupid to say, but I completely share the characters's feeling, I can feel their emotions, their love..and I'm happy for them!
When a couple finally gets together it's all happiness and joy, and when a couple breaks up I feel sad..then I can't stop watching because I want to know what's going to happen!
Should I be concerned? I mean, I obviously don't have that happiness in my real life, but I feel fine in "experiencing" theirs..I don't know whether this means my life isn't good enough, or just that I can be really involved in a TV show..

What do you think? Is it weird?
Sometimes I feel people don't really understand why I care so much about TV series, they think I should try to make my life better if I really envy that of fictional characters..but isn't it just great to forget about everything and feel fine for one hour or more?

Weren't you incredibly happy when Luke and Lorelai finally kissed? Didn't you cry when Rachel got off the plane? Aren't you waiting for Nick and Jess to get together? How about Matthew and Mary? Wouldn't you like to be Leslie just to be with Ben?

I think I'm just an hopeless romantic <3



Waiting for your thoughts about this "alternative reality" :)
Thank you for listening and stay tuned!

H.

No comments: