13/10/2012

TRAVELLING: NEW YORK CITY

Good morning!!

Here is another section of my blog I'd like to create,I thought of calling it "Travelling in the alternative reality".
I mean to put under this label everything about travelling,but in a way that is related to TV shows too (or films or books, of course).

For example, today I'd like to talk about a city where I've never been, but that's on my list of dream places where to go: New York city.
As you all know, NY has been and still is the set for many TV shows and thus a dream place for TV lovers.
Among them I remember Friends, Sex and the City and more recently How I Met Your Mother.

Although I know that the main part of these shows has been filmed in studios, there are some scenes which show the city and its famous places.
Sex and the City in particular is known for having many of its scenes filmed in real streets and pubs of NY, because the city was like a "real character" to the writers and they didn't want to leave it out (at a certain point along the seasons they started to film more and more in studios, but then they luckily changed their mind).
Another show which is based in New York is also Mad Men,although in this case we're talking about New York city in the 60s.

Then of course I have to mention one of my favourite movies, Breakfast at Tiffany's with the lovely Audrey Hepburn, which is entirely based in NY.

Here are some pictures, have you ever been to these places?

Friends' apartment
 
Carrie's house
 

Nice map with some Mad Men places
 

 
Tiffany's
 
Holly and Paul in New York
 
 
Have you ever been to New York? Do you have other places to suggest?Did I forget some series?
I'm going to update the post with all the new images I can find, so keep looking!

That's all for today,thank you for listening and stay tuned!!

H.


No comments: