01/12/2012

30 ROCK: SOME NEWS ABOUT LIZ!

Hello!!!!

Have you seen the last episode of 30 Rock??

SPOILER ALERT!!!



So,Liz finally got married with Criss..well,that surprised me!



I have never fully understood Liz's personality: on the one hand I always thought she was a strong woman,a feminist, a bit nerdy maybe but also very intelligent and sarcastic; after all, she is responsible of that crazy crew at TGS,so basically she has to direct everything by herself. So according to this description,she always seemed the kind of woman who was never going to marry. 



However, on the other hand, she also seemed to care about love and happiness:she had several boyfriends,some of them very cute (Floyd and Carol), other not (Dennis!).
Criss is nice,he seems to understand her and on some levels he is the perfect husband for Liz,but I'm not completely sure I like the fact that they got married (I'm not even sure I like him very much, in the long "distance" I mean).

I think I always had difficulties in understanding her because of her relationship with Jack.
It was clear from the beginning that Jack was just going to be her mentor, but even so they became great friends, and sometimes they were each one the only help and support for the other. I guess that this kind of "platonic love" always misled me because, being a TV series lover as I am, I have probably always thought that they were going to end up together. And even if they never made us think anything different, I think everyone at a certain point had believed that.





That is why I don't know what to think about this wedding.
Did it definitely remove any hope to see Liz and Jack together?Well yes, but deep down I knew that this was not going to happen (Tina Fey herself always denied that, and even on a "chemistry" level there was never anything "substantial").
Having said that,I was not excited when the wedding happened.

And that makes me a bit angry,because I care about Liz and I love 30 Rock; I'm sad that this is the last season,and I would love it go on for ever..
So what is wrong?Is it me or did you think the same??

I think I might watch it again,just to verify if I miss something (I was a bit sleepy when I watched it).

Anyway, here is a funny video from last season: I think this scene was added for all the "hopeless" people like me who were (and still are) waiting for "Liz&Jack" :)


LOVE THEM BOTH!! <3

Thank you for listening!

H.

UPDATE:I was reading around on the Internet and I found that I'm not the only one a bit sad because this ship seems to be over..On Tumblr I read a suggestion about the end of the episode, when Liz and Jack kiss in front of funeral flowers:is it the writers signifying the end of it all?Or does it mean that Jack is losing the one he loves?I don't know but I'm sad :(

No comments: